I don't think I've mentioned on here yet that I'm expecting.. but I am. Tomorrow will be 24 weeks, exciting!
Also exciting.. gathering baby gear. I have to admit I'm just barely starting now, although I know a few people who are just as far along as me but have their whole nursery set up already. We're not doing the typical nursery, totally baby themed. The room baby will be in is quite large and is currently my spare room/library. It will continue to be the spare room, in that it will have the futon in it. I do however need to clear out the closet and most of the room that I've been using as storage. I haven't started that yet! Big job. I'm not in a huge hurry though, I still have almost 4 months to get everything together, and since we're keeping everything fairly simple, it shouldn't take too much work once the clearing out is done.
Today I found and arranged to pick up a used crib. I'm pretty proud of myself, it was a great deal.. only $75 for a crib and mattress in good shape. We'll pick it up tomorrow and the baby will officially have somewhere to sleep. Yay! He doesn't have anything else yet (except a few second hand clothes I picked up on the weekend) but hey he's not coming out for a while so he won't notice. As long as he has everything he needs before he gets here that's all that matters.
Exciting stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment