Saturday, March 21, 2009

California 2009


I got to Sacramento on Thursday and I have to say it's pretty much the same scenery as at home (minus the snow of course). They have palm trees that we don't have, but everything else is basically the same. I don't know what I was expecting but it doesn't even seem like I left the Okanagan. I'm sure if we were closer to the water it would be different, in the fancier areas of California. I don't know. It's been fun though

I met up with my parents here and we went to the Sacramento Zoo on Friday. That was fun, I got lots of pictures. You can see all my pictures from Thursday - Friday here: California Pictures

Today we went to Grass Valley to my friend's parents house. It was fun, but it started raining while we were there and was generally miserable all day. I checked the temperature when we got back and it was the same as in Vernon, which is kind of sad really.

Tomorrow we leave for Vegas! I'm excited to go there, but at the same time I'm going to be glad to get home. I feel like I haven't been home for most of the month and I miss it. Not that I'm ungrateful for being on this trip, I'm definitely happy to have come here. Even just flying by myself into the states was an adventure! I got "randomly" searched at the airport, that was fun.

When I got into Seattle I had some breakfast at the airport (which wasn't bad by the way, some bagel place), and then I had to walk all the way across the airport and sit for like 2 hours. That was boring but I had my laptop and a carry-on bag so I didn't want to wander around too much (very heavy!)

Anywho, I think it's bedtime now because I have to be up early in the morning for my flight. I will update this as I can, that might only be when I get home.

No comments: