I decided last night (a little late I know), that my all year New Years Resolution is to be organized this year. I have been so unorganized and cluttered (not just my house, me in general) for so many years and it's time to change that. I'm the kind of person that does everything better when stuff is clean and out of the way, so I believe every part of my life will improve with a little organization.
I started last week by changing my garbage system. Doesn't sound like much, but the old system involved bags and bags of garbage on my back porch, and us crossing our fingers on garbage day that some animal hadn't ripped through it all. So last week I got a huge garbage bin with a secure lid and put that outside, and got bags that fit in it. I then got a smaller garbage can for the kitchen (we had a big one before and it stunk bad by the time we had to change it), so I can change the bags every other day or so and throw them in the big one outside. I'm already happier because of it.
Last night I ordered about $500 worth of Tupperware containers (I'm a rep so I got 25% off that but just for illustrative purposes I posted the full amount), and I'm organizing my cupboards with them. I've had a bug problem in my kitchen for quite awhile so putting everything in sealed containers will not only save me money on food (not throwing stuff away because it's stale and/or has bugs in it), but will kill off the bugs altogether finally.
Last night I also organized my business stuff. I do Passion Parties for a living (and Tupperware on the side mainly for the discount), so I have tax stuff I have to keep for write-offs. I also made folders to put my party records in with sticky notes on the front so I can keep track of my sales for the month.
And that's just the beginning of my organization :)
1 comment:
You have some really good ideas. My organization problem in the kitchen is groceries that don't belong in a planned recipe so I am trying to use up all the groceries I already have. That means using a meal plan and only shopping for things I need.
Maybe we can help each other get organized.
Post a Comment