This is Charlie. I got him after my last Oscar (Nostradamus) died tragically after jumping out of his tank.
One thing I always regretted with Nostradamus is not documenting his growth. He grew so fast I didn't even think of it until it was already too late. I do have a couple pictures of him throughout his "childhood" but not too many. I'm not going to make that mistake with Charlie.
So this is Charlie the day I brought him home (December 8 2008). I also got him some "Friends," 4 Venustus Cichlids (it's telling me I spelled that wrong but I'm pretty sure it's right). They all look the same so rather than naming them all they're just the "Friends" part of Charlie & Friends. They're all getting along well and I had great luck with Nostradamus and his smaller cichlid buddy last time so I'm hoping these guys will stay peaceful toward each other.
One night I went to feed them, and Charlie got so excited for the food as soon as I dropped it in there he jumped and sailed right out of the tank onto the floor! I threw him back in and he was fine, but he better not keep that up! It's not so easy to just throw them back in the tank when they're like 10 inches long!
Anywho, I plan to take a new picture of Charlie every month or so to document his growth. It should be interesting to look back on when he's all big and grown up.
No comments:
Post a Comment